RTI & Classroom Behaviors
This guide, RTI & Classroom Behaviors, provides resources which will help classroom teachers to expand their skills in working with behaviorally challenging and unmotivated students. Using the effective problem-solving Response to Intervention (RTI) model, the guide provides teachers with:
- A concise analysis of key reasons that students misbehave.
- Effective core behavior management strategies for the classroom.
- Communication tools that can increase student compliance and de-escalate problem behaviors.
- Proactive accommodations and modifications to the instructional setting that can help prevent emotional outbursts and confrontations.
- Ideas to empower students to monitor and manage their own behaviors.
The guide is appropriate for both new and experienced teachers. All strategies presented are evidence-based and designed to teach and promote positive student behaviors.